Editor: Dr.Naliniprava Tripathy
Editorial Team : Dr. Santosh Kr. Prusty, Dr. Shankar Purbey Dr. Sonia Nongmaithem
Editorial Advisory Board :
- Prof.Amitabha De, Director, IIM Shillong, India
- Prof. Paul Srivasta, Bucknell University, USA
- Prof. Richard Ponarul, California State University ,USA
- Prof. W. Jean Kwon, St. John's University ,USA
- Prof.Robert Clift, University of Tasmania ,Australia
- Prof. S.K.Sinha,IIM Ahmedabad,India
- Prof. Zia Haqq, World Business Institute, Australia
- Prof. Rakesh Sah, Montana State University, USA
- Prof.Satyendra Singh, University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Prof. Angappa Gunasekaran, University of Massachusetts ,USA
- Prof.M.Thenmozhi , IIT Madras, India
- Prof. Mokhtar M.Metwally, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Prof. Jatin Pancholi, Middlesex University,London, U.K
- Prof. Sorin Tuluca, Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA
Vice President and Chief Economic Adviser
The Clearing Corporation of India Ltd.
Senapati Bapat Marg,Lower Parel,
Mumbai - 400 013,India
Prof. V.K Gupta
Professor,Indian Institute of management Indore
Parbandhshikhar, Rau, Indore, 453331, MP, India
Director & Professor ,T.A.PAI Management Institute
Department of management Studies
Indian School of Mines
Vice-President & Professor
Department of Post Graduate studies
Build Bright University, Cambodia
SENAC Faculty of Technology,
Santa Catarina, Brazil.
Chief Investment Officer
Future Generali India Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
Prabhadevi, Dadar (W), Mumbai - 400 025,India
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area
Dr. Sajal Kabiraj
Professor, Business Management,
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics,
217 Jianshan Stret, Sha He Kou District, Dalian, P.R. China-116025.
Dr.Fred Mugambi Mwirigi
Director, JKUA , Mombase
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology,
Director NITHM ,
University of Sunderland, UK
Dr. Upinder Dhar
Group Addl. Vice Chancellor - RBEF and,
Pro Vice Chancellor - Management & Allied Areas
Amity University Campus
Sector-125, Noida - 201313
Dr Matthias Nnadi
School of Management,
Cranfield University, Cranfield
Aim of Publishing the Journal:
The aim of journal is to provide a platform for researchers, practitioners, academicians and professional from diverse domains of management to share innovative research achievements & practical experiences to stimulate scholarly debate in the development of management science and decision making. Journal is dedicated to publish high quality research papers providing meaningful insights into the subject areas.
Call for Research Papers/Articles:
IIMS Journal of Management Science
ISSN (Print): 0976-030X, ISSN (Online): 0976-173X Indexed with "Index Copernicus (2011, ICV-5.22), Indian Science Abstract, Indian Citation Index, Google Scholar-Gate, EBSCO Discovery, SUMMON (Pro-Quest)
With pleasure we invite you to contribute research paper/an article to ‘IIMS JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE” a Blind &peer-reviewed Bi- Annual Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Shillong. The aim of this journal is to provide a platform for researchers, practitioners, academicians and professionals in all areas of Business and Management to share innovative research achievements & practical experiences to stimulate scholarly debate in the development of management science and decision making. This Journal is dedicated to publish high quality research papers in Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Accounting, International Trade, Strategic Management, Technology Management, Operations Management, Operations Research, Supply Chain and Logistics, Project Management, Infrastructure Management, Marketing, Consumer Behaviour, Information Technology Management, Knowledge Based Systems, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, Communication, Business Ethics, Environmental Management, Sustainable Development, Safety Management and Quantitative methods for providing meaningful insights into the substantial management content both in Indian as well as global context. Original research papers, conceptual articles and case studies are always welcome. We invite you and your esteemed colleagues and research scholars to contribute papers to the journal.
The IIMS Journal of Management Science is published two times in a year (January-June and July-December).The data, information, opinions, and contents appearing in articles/ research papers/case studies in this journal are the sole responsibility of the concerned author(s).The Editor/Editorial Team/Reviewers/Publishers accept no accountability of charge due to any imprecise or ambiguous data, information, opinions and contents that might appear in this journal.
You may send one copy of your research paper/article in the form of MS Word file attached to an E-mail to:
Prof. Naliniprava Tripathy,
Editor-IIMS Journal of Management Science,
Indian Institute of Management Shillong
Nongthymmai, Mayurbhanj Palace
Shillong, Meghalaya -793014
Tel: 91 364 2308000
1. The manuscripts should normally not exceed 25(A 4 Size) pages, margin 1 inch in all sides including figures and tables, typed in 1.5space in 12-point – preferably- in Times New Roman font.
2. The cover page of the article should contain: (a) title of the manuscript (b) Name(s) of authors (c) Professional affiliation (d) Address of correspondence and Email. Kindly note that authors name should not be mentioned in any other page.
3. The Manuscript should contain an abstract of about 200-250 words that clearly indicates the objective, approach and Practical implications of paper.
4. Each manuscript should include keywords and JEL Classification of Paper
5. Manuscripts may contain footnotes /end note. References should be placed at the end of the paper and arranged alphabetically.
6. Tables must be numbered consecutively. Author must confirm that the title, column headings, captions, etc. are clear and to the point. Source must be mentioned below the table if any
7. Figures must be titled and numbered consecutively.
8. All Equations must be very cleared and numbered consecutively on the right margin. Mathematical expressions, figures and charts should be presented in a way that will be easily printable. All Figures (charts, diagrams and line drawings) and Plates (photographic images) should be submitted in electronic form. They should be of clear quality, in black and white and numbered consecutively.
9. References must be given in alphabetical order and typed on a separate page, single-spaced, at the end of the paper.
10. Please check your manuscript for clarity, grammar, spellings, punctuation, and consistency of references to minimize editorial changes.
11. The editorial team has the right to modify or edit the work in order to match the standard and style requirement of the journal.
12. The following format should be used for referring books, articles in journals, electronic documents etc:
Bekaert, G., Harvey, C.R. and Lundblad, C. (2007) ‘Liquidity and expected returns: lessons from
emerging markets’, Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 20, pp.1783–1831.
BGeddes, K.O., Czapor, S.R., Labahn, G. (1992): Algorithms for Computer Algebra. Kluwer Publishing, Boston
Cartwright, J.: Big stars have weather too.IOP Publishing Physics Web. http://physicsweb.org/articles/news/11/6/16/1 (2007). Accessed 26 June 2007
13. Each manuscript must contain Declaration of Author(s).
I do hereby acknowledge that the research paper titled “---------“is my own and original work. It has not been published before either in full or part and is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere and the articles/research paper contain no unlawful statements and it is no way surpasses of the rights of others nor breach of any law.
The Editors reserve the right to reject/ return to the author(s) any manuscript that in their opinion is not suitable for publication in IIMS Journal of Management Science, without expressly stipulating the reasons for doing so. Under no circumstances will the identity of the reviewer(s) and referee(s) be disclosed to the author(s) or to any other third party not involved in the editorial process.
The Editor/ editorial member/ reviewer/ editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author / editorial advisers, and the publisher.
Research Papers/Articles received will immediately be put before the editorial committee for initial review. The selected papers will be sent to reviewers for their opinion with a request to pass on the same in three months. An effort is made to publish a paper duly recommended by a reviewer within a period of six months. Correspondence and proofs for correction will be sent to the first author unless otherwise specified. The article will be published after receipt of the corrected proofs from the authors.
The publisher retains the copyright to the submitted papers. By submitting their papers, author(s) agree to transfer their copyrights to publisher. The authors are accountable for copyright permission for any part of the content of their articles. The views, information, data analysis expressed in the articles/research papers by the authors are their own and not the Editor or the Board. The authors are required to sign the “Transfer of Copyright” agreement before article/research paper is published in the journal.
The Articles/Research papers sent to : email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Institute of Management Shillong ,Nongthymmai, Mayurbhanj Palace,Shillong, Meghalaya -793014